SAN JOSE, Calif. — March 23, 2011 — WebEnertia today announced that the company took home eight awards, including two gold ADDY statuettes, at the 2011 San Francisco Bay Area ADDY® Award Show and Gala, held on February 26. Sponsored by the American Advertising Federation (www.aaf.org), the sold-out event was the first time that the ADDY Awards were held jointly between the four Bay Area AAF affiliate organizations.
Presented by the American Advertising Federation, the ADDY Awards represent the true spirit of creative excellence by recognizing all forms of advertising from media of all types, creative by all sizes, and entrants of all levels. With more than 60,000 entries annually, it is the only creative awards program administered by the advertising industry for the advertising industry.
This year, WebEnertia received the following ADDY Awards:
• Elements of Advertising / Illustration / Single — DC Systems
• Sales Promotion / Product of Service Sales Presentation / Campaign — Niamaj
• Interactive Media / Websites, B-To-B HTML / Other / Services — xMatters
• Elements of Advertising / Sound / Music Only — Down Syndrome Research and Treatment Foundation
• Interactive Media / Websites, B-To-B HTML / Other / Products — eIQ Energy
• Public Service / Broadcast / Electronic / Audio / Visual — Down Syndrome Research and Treatment Foundation
• Elements of Advertising / Photography / Digitally Enhanced — Niamaj
• Interactive Media / Online / Micro or Mini Sites — Niamaj
The 2011 competition was different from past years, in that it solicited entries from creative professionals in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and the East Bay and was jointly managed by the four Bay Area AAF affiliate organizations: AAF-Silicon Valley, SFBIG (Bay Area Interactive Group), Greater San Francisco Ad Club, and AD2 San Francisco. The panel of judges for the 2011 Bay Area ADDYs included Todd Grant, creative director, Crispin Porter + Bogusky; Larry Corwin, creative director, BBDO/NY; and
Seth Weisfeld, digital creative director, Wieden+Kennedy.
“The ADDY Awards are always a tough competition showcasing the very best our industry has to offer. By combining the entire Bay Area into one event this year, the talent and creativity on display were kicked up to an unprecedented level, and the competition was tougher than ever,” said Steve Ohanians, creative director and partner at WebEnertia. “In such an arena, winning one ADDY is a tremendous achievement. Being chosen for eight by this esteemed panel of judges is amazing, and is a true testament to the talent of our team and the pride we take in every project.”
Click here to see the work that won the awards.
Established in 1999, WebEnertia is a leading interactive digital agency delivering a broad range of services to Silicon Valley clients. As a full-service firm, the company delivers highly functional and engaging Web sites, Web-based applications, e-commerce, motion graphics and multimedia, graphic design, print, Internet marketing solutions, Web business consultation, and management services.